The Return to Freddy's 5, (Previously known as The Return to Freddy's: Remastered and The Return to Freddy's: Rebooted) was going to be the upcoming fifth game in the TRTF Series before it's recent cancellation on February 6th, 2017.
You're an investigator, it's year 2036. Everyone, but you stepped down on a cold case of the mysteries and murders of Fazbear Inc. You... are alive... You... are the child from the past....
The game was planned be released on December 25th, where it is the 1st anniversary of the Saga. It was changed to late 2016 or early 2017, before it was cancelled, but then was revealed to be in work again on December 21st. The game was going to be released on May 16, 2015, accoding to a brightened teaser, but was changed to release around August and October.
PoniatorFilms began teasing the game with an image of an early version of Torture Lockjaw, at the time called "Hybrid Lockjaw". Soon, Poniator began teasing more characters, including the hybrid versions of Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, Kitty Fazcat, and Vigo. Poniator then started to create teaser games, starting with one where Green Guy and Purple Guy vandalize the machine that created the animatronics. Years later, it began creating the torture animatronics, which at the time still were called "Hybrids". Another version of Torture Lockjaw was shown in another teaser. Soon, two more games were made. Some rooms of the game were shown in a few more teasers and some wallpapers, along with Lockjaw's 3rd design, known as Torture Lockjaw. Since then, Poniator has been consistently updating his website with new teasers, until 11-22-15, when he announced it was cancelled. However on December 20th he released a trailer, revealing it is no longer cancelled, or wasn't cancelled to begin with.
On December 5, PoniatorFilms retired from game development and gave the project to Yin Kouiu. However, a user forced Poniator to reveal that Yin was actually his alternate account. On October 2016, BFP decided to hand TRTF over to Feline Animations and Toonster Games after his councilor advised him to stop working on it. In December 2016 Toonster and Feline Animations eventually split apart deciding to make there own individual versions of TRTF 5 after Toonster said he wanted to change the lore which Feline didn't agree with. Eventually Toonster decided to cancel his version of TRTF 5. Eventually later in December 2016 BFP decided to hand the whole entire TRTF series to a person named Bioninjagames. Bioninjagames decided to change the lore just like Toonster and also decided to remove some of the characters and give the torture animatronics' new models. Bioninjagames' version of TRTF 5 was set to release on April 15th, 2017. On January 6th, 2017 Feline Animations decided to cancel his version of TRTF 5. Exactly one month after that happened on February 6th, 2017 Bioninjagames eventually decided to cancel his version of TRTF 5.
Known Animatronics Edit
- Torture Lockjaw
- Torture Kitty
- Torture Freddy Fazbear
- Torture Bonnie
- Torture Chica
- Torture Foxy
- Torture Fredbear
- Torture Spring Bonnie
- Torture Golden Lockjaw
- Torture Golden Kitty
- Torture Vigo
- Torture Sugar
- The Unknown
- Torture Puppet
- Torture Circus Baby
Known Non-Animatronics Edit
- As of now, it is debated on who is the main antagonist. PoniatorFilms, at one point, stated is not Torture Lockjaw. The two most likely candidates are Torture Freddy, since the series is mainly about Freddy, and Torture Device, since he appears a lot throughout the game and he must be destroyed to beat it.
- This is going to be the only game in the series to have free roam.
- At one point in the game's development, in a scene, the player is asked about everything being a nightmare.
- This theory was believed even before this was shown, due to text when the game starting.
- The text was later changed to "Life is like a butterfly's dream".
- The game still mentions nightmares during the beginning cutscene that plays when the game is launched for the first time.
- There are going to be six endings. It was originally going to be 15, but PoniatorFilms didn't have enough ideas.
- The game takes place during the day and night.
- Poniator confirmed that most of the animatronics from the series would have returned in the game.
- A character contest was also held.
- A character known as Popper Ping was originally going to be in the game, but was cut.
- Poniator said on his twitter there was going to be a game inside of it, known as G.P.D. Not much is known about the game, though, other than the fact that there will be multiple nights and that Torture Springtrap and Fredbear will be threats.
- In an image on his twitter, showing another title screen design, an option stated "G.P.D. Mode". This could be how the player would enter to G.P.D mode.